A blog about my life as a follower of Christ, husband, father and pastor.
fuzion service project pictures
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I'm proud of our 5th/6th graders and the great job they did at Schowalter Villa tonight. It was one of our service projects where we delivered Valentines and played BINGO with residents. Here are some pictures:
Tonight at VBS , the 3rd and 4 th graders are starting to realize that being a Christian in Rome can get you into trouble. Paul shared his story of how God changed him on the road to Damascus. He tried to help Brutus understand that when we become Christians we have to change. Therefore, our point for tonight was God's Love Changes Us. Tonight, several brought money for our offering competition for Haiti Lifeline Ministry. We hope to show a video about this ministry either Wed. or Thurs. night.
Did I get your attention? Yesterday, I experienced a funny situation with Molly and her buddy, Jacob. I had sent Molly over to Jacob's house (for those not from Hesston , they are our neighbors) to play while I finished a few things at the house. After finishing, I headed over to check on her. This is when I hear, "Jacob!" from his mom. I had met Corey (Jacob's Dad) in the garage and were headed to their back patio. When I heard Rachel (Jacob's mom) say, "Put your clothes on!" Corey and I laughed as we rounded the corner and saw Molly and Jacob naked from the waist down. They had both decided to go swimming and didn't have swimming suits so they decided to take matters into their own hands. Both Molly and Jacob looked at us as if to say, "What's wrong? We knew we shouldn't get our clothes wet so we just took them off." Anyway, Corey, Rachel, and I joked that this was funny now, but we hoped we would not encounter this 14 year...
Introduction: As I was thinking and praying about what to share during my final sermon on staff, I began to think of the transition that I am making as well as the church. We as pastors have been consistently focused on three priorities over the last several years: prayer, worship and equip. So, even though I may no longer be on staff in a few weeks at this church, as a member of this church I believe just as strongly that Hesston MB needs to continue to be about these priorities in the days ahead. However, the more I prayed about it, the more I realized that to get to these priorities, we as a church also had to make some transitions so that is why I am entitling this message “Transitional Thoughts”. Transition is defined as “the process or an instance of changing from one form, state, activity, or place to another.” Educate to Equip- Ephesians 4:11-16 · What is the difference? o To e...
Comments
Post a Comment