Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

I am finishing up 2010 on vacation. Bethany and I and the kids spent our first three days on vacation in Branson. We stayed at Grand Country Inn which has an indoor waterpark. Each day we started with time in the water. Then we headed to Silver Dollar City to see the 4 million Christmas lights. It was a spectacular sight! There was a five story Christmas LED Tree with moving lights to music. There was also a lights parade. But probably the best was the live production of "A Christmas Carol." Our kids really enjoyed it and it had very good music.

The extra bonus was that it was above 40 degrees on 2 days so we were able to ride roller coasters. This is a treat for Mitchell, Megan and I. Mackenzie is more like her mom in this area and does not enjoy roller coasters. Molly is still to be determined but she loves the "cat coaster" in Grand Exposition. We enjoyed some good meals together and of course some ice cream from Andy's. We headed for Yates Center on Wednesday night.

For the last two days, I have had no plans. I have watched the kids. I have watched TV and some football & basketball games. I have also been catching up a little on sleep. Bethany had to work so she is in Hesston. So, this will be the first New Year's in a long time that I am not with my wife. It will not be the same without her. I might even go to sleep before midnight. I know I am pathetic and getting old. Anyway, here's to a great 2011!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48