Perk & Pork

Today has been a busy day!  I started my normal Thursday routine by heading to the Perk for coffee and reading.  I was blessed by the encouragement of a couple who stopped by for coffee on their way to a meeting.  You know who you are!  I  finished Holmen's book, Impress Faith On Your Kids and will write a review later this week.  I also started an e-book I received from Gospel Centered Discipleship.  You can visit the site here. I will share a few thought provoking quotes from this e-book later too. 

I also was able to spend some time today serving pulled pork at Kropf Lumber's Customer Appreciation Day.  It was a fun change of routine and kept me busy.  I enjoyed conversation with Jena as we served hundreds of sandwiches.  It was good to see many unfamiliar faces as I don't spend a lot of time at Kropf, not because it is not a nice store, but because I am handy-man challenged.  If something breaks at my house, I am not much help. Thanks Deb for the invitation!  

Check back later in the week for quotes from Grow: Reproducing through Organic Discipleship & a book review on Holmen's newest book.

Comments

  1. So glad to have your help today J.L. Thanks for lending a hand to help us serve 375 people lunch today! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48