Operation Screwtape

I don't read much fiction.  It is not that I am a fiction snob, but that I focus on reading other books instead.  This weekend, however, I picked up Operation Screwtape by Dr. Andrew Farley.  I had seen the book mentioned on twitter and decided to check it out.

Let me say that I loved it! You need to pick up this book.  I am a big fan of Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis and Lord Foulgrin's Letters by Randy Alcorn and this book is similar in many ways.  It is a "sequel" to Screwtape Letters in the sense that it occurs after it.  But the premise is that communication has been intercepted from demons. 



What I loved about this book?
  • A quick & entertaining read
  • A message that challenges how we view God and ourselves
  • It's organization around steal, kill, destroy from John 10:10
  • Several quotes that could be tweeted and contain valuable truths
  • Incredible insights about the church, grace, cross, relationships, etc.
I have already given my copy away or I would share a few quotes with you.  Here are a few from the end of the book to arouse your curiosity:

"A new form of forgiveness, a newfound freedom, and a new identity--these three serve as the framework for the Enemy's new way."
"Keep them searching for what they already possess, diverting them away from any objective truth about themselves and the Enemy. Always blind them to the Blood, and never, ever let them see the Life."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48