Word for 2019: Holy Spirit

For the past several years, I have chosen a word for the year.  Some of those words have been: God's power, gospel, in Christ, and abide.  As I thought about 2019, the word that I am going to focus on will be Holy Spirit.  So, this is more than just a word, it is a person.  I look forward to growing in my understanding of who the Holy Spirit is and what He does from Genesis to Revelation.  Each week I will share a few verses that are connected to the person of the Holy Spirit.
“I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor and gather his wheat into the barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire.” (Matthew 3:11-12)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48