Quotes from Crazy Love

I am reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan right now. It is a great book! It challenges your thinking about how you view God. Maybe we are not that excited about worship or serving because we have a narrow and small view of God? I have only read the first 3 chapters, but would definitely recommend it to you.

Here are a few quotes to stimulate your thinking today:

"The core problem isn't the fact that we're lukewarm, halfhearted, or stagnant Christians. The crux of it all is why we are this way, and it is because we have an inaccurate view of God."

"Isn't it a comfort to worship a God we cannot exaggerate?"

"When I am consumed by my problems--stressed out about my life, my family, and my job-I actually convey the belief that I think the circumstances are more important than God's command to always rejoice (Philippians 4:4). In other words, that I have a "right" to disobey God because of the magnitude of my responsibilities."

"The point of your life is to point to Him."

"Over time I realized that when we love God, we naturally run to Him-frequently and zealously."

"God knew who He was creating, and he designed me (and you) for a specific work."

"The greatest knowledge we can ever have is knowing God treasures us."

"Do you love this God who is everything, or do you just love everything He gives you?"

God, please forgive me for not having an accurate view of you. Help me to seek you with my whole heart and to better grasp who You are as I read the Bible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48