Special Blessings This Week

As many of you know, we are still working to sell our home in Iola. We have had a renter for the past 9 months and that has ended. We are getting the home ready to sell. Please pray with us for a quick sale as we don't want to continue leasing any longer. As I began thinking about the Iola house, I began to worry a little about finances. I began to be concerned with Christmas approaching and wondering how we are going to make it with double payments. Then God made it very clear to me that He was in control and He provides.

Here are the 3 special blessings that God used in my life.

  • I am reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan and the following quote challenged my worry over the sale of our home. "Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives. Stress says that the things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace toward others, or our tight grip of control."
  • One family unexpectedly approached us this last week to provide us with beef on a regular basis. I almost laughed as I thought about God's provision through the church as He once again provides. On a side note, I cannot count the number of times that God has done this in my life. Yet, I occasionally still worry when finances are tight. As I started to worry, God sends this wonderful blessing to say, "I understand. I know your needs. I am here. I am in control and will take care of you."
  • The third blessing equally took my breath away. Another family in our church gave us a card last night for a Christmas gift. Inside the card explained how they were going to purchase Silver Dollar City season passes for our family so we could enjoy this throughout 2010 as a family. Bethany and I had talked about this, but had put it on hold due to situation with our Iola house. Again, in a very generous and special way, God shows me the joy of being a part of the Body of Christ as well as knowing He knows our hopes and dreams and can do more than we ask or imagine. I would never have expected or imagined being given this gift.
First, I want to say Praise God and To God Be the Glory! I also want to thank Francis Chan for his words challenging me as well as the two families who have been used by God to bless me and my family. Their generosity and care for us cannot be put into words.

Philippians 4:6-7 says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48