Train Ride

Well, I am back from Iowa now. Several had asked me to share about the train ride. So, I decided I would share about on my blog. Let me say that I highly recommend Amtrak and taking the train as a method of travel.

When I boarded the train in Newton, it was supposed to leave at 3 a.m., but it was running 2 hours late. Why? Weather, long stops--no, it hit someone. Yes, that's right, the train I rode hit a drunk pedestrian. He was not killed, but I bet he really has a headache. I have to make note of this to remember this for the future. It brought some great laughs to our family along the way.

What I love about the train:
  • Even though a lot of the travel was in the dark, you get to see some beautiful sights along the way.
  • It is a very smooth and quick ride
  • The seats are roomy and comfortable. It is easy to sleep and relax.
  • Very affordable
  • Great food in the dining car as well as snack area
  • Great places to talk and watch the scenery (observation cars, dining car, and snack car) and room to spread out and play cards or games or puzzles, etc.
  • Friendly, humorous, and helpful staff
  • Able to enjoy the ride rather than stressing if you were driving a car
There are only two things that I would consider cons about the train: the bathrooms were not that clean and the food is a little pricey. In regards to the first, the train had been on the rail 4 hours longer than usual because of the accident. In regards to the second, you can take snacks with you and not have to eat much unless you are traveling a long distance.

So, Amtrak if you read my post, you can send me a free ticket for the free advertising. I look forward to taking the train again. My kids are ready to go today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48

What is D6 Conference?