Spring Break Vacation

Last week, I had the wonderful opportunity to go on vacation to Branson with my family. God blessed us with two warm, sunny days at Silver Dollar City. Also know as "dolla, dolla city" by Molly. It was such a great time to relax and have fun. Our car ride down to Branson went very well and we arrived about 9:30 p.m. Then we were up and ready to head to SDC.

We headed towards Powder Keg first and Mitchell and I were able to ride quickly. The girls waited and when I got off, Molly told me "I not like the fire." For those not familiar, powder keg shoots out fire when you take off. It is one of the best roller coasters I have ever ridden. We then headed to Wild Fire. Mitchell was too short last year to ride this one. He was a little nervous, but excited too. It goes upside down 5 times. He loved it! We rode it twice in a row.

It was then time for the girls to pick so we headed to the Grand Exposition which has 10 family rides. There are tons of rides and Molly was excited to ride the elephants, lady bugs, butterflies, frogs, and eventually the roller coaster and tea cups. Mackenzie and Megan loved the rides here too.

We were ready to go to our hotel by 5 p.m. The kids watched a movie while I went out to get ice cream for my wonderful wife and me. When I got back, I watched some March Madness. The kids went to sleep a little quicker this night. Then we repeated SDC for another day.

On Friday, we had longer lines and less rides. Megan tried Thunderation and didn't like it at first, but then decided she did. We also went to Doc Gizmo and then had a bright idea to ride the Lost River (like Fury of the Nile). We got soaked and Molly screamed the whole time. She said I don't like the monster. We finished our day up again at 5 p.m. It was great to see the Boles and Arrasmiths there as well. The kids treat for the evening was Andy's Custard. It was tasty!

We headed back to Yates Center on Saturday in the rain. We had considered going another day to SDC, but with the cold and rainy weather decided we should head back especially since snow had hit southeast Kansas. Our drive was normal until we reached Ft. Scott where the snow began and the roads got worse. Much of the highway between Ft. Scott and Iola was snow packed and slick. It got a little better between Iola and Yates Center but not much. I was very glad to get to Yates Center safely.

We spent the evening and Sunday with my family. We headed back to Hesston on Sunday afternoon with dry roads and the sun reappearing. It was a great 4 days and it has been fun listening to the kids talk about their favorite memories. Molly tonight prayed for the roller coaster, butterflies, & elephants.

Hopefully, I will get some more posts in the coming days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48