Winter Jam Tonight

Tonight, I am headed to Intrust Bank Arena for Winter Jam.  I am excited about some of the bands, but more excited about spending time with 2 of my kids (Mitchell & Megan).  The other two have chosen to stay with mom.

Mitchell is very excited and has been looking forward to Winter Jam for months.  Skillet is one of his favorite bands.  Some of the other groups are harder and not my choice, but I am trying not to discourage his interest in them. 

It is interesting how as parents our style of music can be very different than our kids.  A typical response to Mitchell is "turn it down."  But I am thankful for the many great Christian bands of different styles available today.  I can remember when Jars of Clay was pushing the envelope. 

So, I am looking forward to many things about tonight so I will look past the crowds and the loudness.  Tickets are only $10 at the door and the show begins at 7 p.m.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48