Are They Listening?

Have you been leading family worship or having a spiritual conversation with your child and wonder if they are hearing anything you say?  Do you feel like they are present in the room, but far, far away in their thoughts?  Have you wanted to quit passing on faith in the home because you are sure your kids are not listening?

I have a story to tell you.  In Hide N Seek, our mid week program for 4 year olds through 4th grade, we have devotions to complete each week.  They are family driven so the whole family gathers together to read Scripture, pray, and sing.  This past week, the activity was to review the year.  We have been learning more about the ACTS acrostic (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication).  The kids were to try and remember the five activities we did to help us better understand adoration.  When I originally wrote the devotions, I expected kids to get a few and then look up the rest for review.  However, I praised God because between my four kids, they were able to list all five activities without looking back. 

Why do I share this?  Not to show that I have a super spiritual family, but instead to encourage you to keep talking about faith at home.  Your kids might seem like they are not listening, but God's Word is being planted in their hearts.  Keep it up. In closing, let me share a verse from Isaiah 55:11,
"so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48

What is D6 Conference?