Ice Storm

If you are not from Central USA, you might not know that we were hit with an ice storm this past week. Several people lost power and many tree limbs were left lying in roads and yards. As I was driving today, I was thinking about the comparisons of ice and sin.

Here are a few:
  • The ice is beautiful and sin can appear attractive.
  • Just like the ice is weighing down the trees, our sin can also weigh us down. See Hebrews 12:1
  • The ice on trees and power lines can be destructive and dangerous. Sin is destructive and dangerous.
  • Sin like the ice can trip us up and make us fall.
  • The ice will leave a mess and require clean up. Sin also leaves a mess and needs to be cleaned up.

I am thankful for my relationship with Jesus that allows my past, present, and future sins to be forever dealt with and forgiven. I am grateful that Jesus' death on the cross has cleaned up sin, picked us up when we fall, removed the weight, and has given us something truly beautiful to focus on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48