Advent Resources for Your Family
I would like to share some of my favorite resources to use with family during Advent. I hope they will be a blessing to you and a way to fix your eyes on Jesus during this Advent.
- The Donkey in the Living Room by Sarah Cunningham--I met Sarah at the D6 Conference in Louisville. This is a fun tradition that was established in her own home as a child. We used this resource last year as an ebook, but it is available now in Christian bookstores.
- Adorenaments or The 12 Names of Christmas by Family Life--These have been a favorite tradition for our family. This has been edited to include an adult version and child version. Each of these ornaments uses a name and image of Jesus and includes a brief reading for each Adornament or name of Jesus. The ornaments are great for families with younger kids.
- The ADVENTure of Christmas by Lisa Whelchel--We used this several years ago in our family. Lisa shares the stories of many of the traditions that we participate in during the Christmas season.
- What God Wants for Christmas by Family Life--This was a new resource a few years ago. It is another great one for younger children as they get to open a present each day. Short readings and fun make this a great choice as anticipation grows waiting to open the final present.
- Truth in Tinsel website has many great ideas and will be appreciated by those who love to spend time on Pinterest.
- A Holy Experience by Ann Voskamp provides this idea for a special tree for Advent. I personally have not used this resource but enjoy Voskamp’s creativity, poetic language, and a way to keep Jesus central during the holidays. Voskamp has published a book this year that incorporates thoughts from this website.