Easter Blessings

Today, I was so excited to start the day by taking Easter pictures of my kids (which by the way didn't turn out well because the sun must have been in the kids' eyes). They were so excited to do the yearly routine of pictures in their Easter outfits. We then headed to church where I had to get a few things ready for Children's Church. It is fun to watch the older three watch and take care of Molly. Mackenzie usually turns out to be the best caregiver.

We had a wonderful breakfast at church and I was able to supervise the fuzion kids as they hid the Easter eggs. Then we had a very powerful worship service for Easter. The music was great and full of joy. What a great way to celebrate that Jesus is risen! We also had a slide show which showed the story of four people from our church who experienced victory through Jesus. I was moved by their stories! As we sang the final song, I turned my joy and excitement to Jesus as I sang with lifted hands. I believe God was glorified and praised in so many ways this morning.

I then left with the kids for Children's Church and we had an Easter egg hunt followed by sharing the Easter story using the Resurrection eggs. It was fun seeing the excitement and energy of the kids. There were so many blessings that I experienced today at Hesston MB!

But an additional and somewhat unexpected blessing came as I went through the rest of my day. At the lunch table, I heard my kids singing words, "You are stronger, you are stronger, sin is broken, you have saved me, it is written, Christ is risen, Jesus, you are Lord of all." Later in the day, I heard "Rise and Sing, Rise and sing . . . Our God is risen and reigning and we're elevating . . . 0h, whoa" At supper, I heard "Jesus paid it all, all to him I owe, sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow." I sang to myself a few times, "Up from the grave he arose, with a mighty triumph o'er his foes, he arose a victor from the dark domain, and He lives forever with his saints to reign." These were all songs that were sung today in worship and throughout the day my kids and myself included enjoyed worshiping our risen Savior. This was just another reminder that worship is not just something we do at church, but every moment of the day.

Praise God for the many blessings I received today.

As we close this day, I again say, Jesus is alive. He is risen just as He said. I am thankful to serve a risen Savior. Have a blessed Easter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"