When Ideas Become Reality

Over the last few weeks, I have seen God move in some exciting ways. First of all, I attended two seminars (Kansas Strengthening Families Summit & AMFM) within two weeks. Each had different takes on the area of marriage and family, but each also pointed in a similar direction. For the last few days, I have been sharing with different leaders a vision for strengthening marriages at Hesston MB. I value these conversations because they help tweak what God has put on my heart. I look forward to sharing this direction with the Body of Christ and community of Hesston very soon. It has been a joy to see how God is working and how He is using my gifts and passions to accomplish kingdom work.

I also shared several months ago about the "God idea" to write family devotions for Hide N Seek this year. I was starting to worry because the task is so enormous. However, last Friday, I made some great progress and now believe I will finish these devotions in time. They have been fun to write as I help families to worship at home together through music, prayer, and Scripture. I hope I have been able to put on paper what God was putting on my heart and that they will be used of God in mighty ways. If you remember, I was not excited about this idea at the beginning, but my heart and mind have been changed over the last few months.

If you are looking for a place for your son or daughter age 4 through 4th grade to learn more about Jesus, join us on Aug. 31 at 6:30 p.m. for our Hide N Seek registration night. This informational evening with free food will share more details about Hide N Seek. I hope you will join us for the 2011-2012 school year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48