My baby goes to school

So, today my baby went to her first day of Kindergarten.  She was excited and ready to go!  I, on the other hand, was a little sad.  I don't remember feeling this way about my older kids, but I think this was different with her being my youngest. 

This was a reminder to me about the importance of teaching our children at home from the earliest age.  Not only are we teaching them about manners and behavior, but more so we need to be teaching about their spiritual lives.  I am reminded of familiar words shared during parent/child dedication:
" Fathers, do not exasperate your children;  instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.(Ephesians 6:4)
" Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.(Deuteronomy 6:4-7)
 Here is my advice to parents with babies and toddlers.  Cherish the time.  It goes fast.  And most importantly, don't neglect teaching them about a God who loves them, cares for them, and wants a relationship with them.

Enjoy the pictures below of Molly's first day on earth & her first day of Kindergarten.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48