The Gospel Project

Have you heard of the new curriculum published by Lifeway called The Gospel Project? 

For the last few years, I have been looking for the right curriculum for our children's Sunday School.  What we were using was fine, but I was looking for more.  I wanted a curriculum that was Bible-based, Christ-centered, helped children understand God's Big Story rather than just isolated stories, & definitely a connection to the home where parents/grandparents could discuss what is being learned during the week.  I looked and looked and never found anything that fit everything I was looking for.  Each publishing company had some of these things, but not all of them.  I was beginning to think I needed to write my own curriculum.  Unfortunately, I don't have the time.

However, I came across The Gospel Project while attending the Orange Conference in Atlanta.  I checked it out online and started to get excited.  I had some teachers "try it out" over the summer.  I finally made the decision to go with the curriculum.  I hoped my teachers would like it as much as I did and that it would actually do what it advertised.  One bonus to this was that our Discipleship Ministries Committee also decided to use a common curriculum for the coming year and they also are using The Gospel Project. 

Let me just say I was blessed this past Sunday as I heard the children's ministry wing abuzz as they talked about God as creator.  I am hoping the youth and adults had a similar experience.  But one joy personally was when we sat down as a family at home at the dinner table and talked about what they learned in Sunday School.  Each of them shared that God is the Creator, but each had a different aspect that they remembered.  For Molly, it was God created out of nothing.  For Megan & Kenzie, they talked a little about the alternatives to creation.  Mitchell talked about God's authority and how He spoke and the world was created. 

We are still only a week into this new curriculum, but so far my teachers and this parent is excited about the year ahead!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48