A blog about my life as a follower of Christ, husband, father and pastor.
Park & Pool Day 2013
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Tonight was our Park & Pool Day for church. We eat together, play kickball & then head to the pool. We always have a great time. Thanks to all who attended.
If you missed tonight, we have a back to school pool party scheduled for Sunday August 11.
Tonight at VBS , the 3rd and 4 th graders are starting to realize that being a Christian in Rome can get you into trouble. Paul shared his story of how God changed him on the road to Damascus. He tried to help Brutus understand that when we become Christians we have to change. Therefore, our point for tonight was God's Love Changes Us. Tonight, several brought money for our offering competition for Haiti Lifeline Ministry. We hope to show a video about this ministry either Wed. or Thurs. night.
Did I get your attention? Yesterday, I experienced a funny situation with Molly and her buddy, Jacob. I had sent Molly over to Jacob's house (for those not from Hesston , they are our neighbors) to play while I finished a few things at the house. After finishing, I headed over to check on her. This is when I hear, "Jacob!" from his mom. I had met Corey (Jacob's Dad) in the garage and were headed to their back patio. When I heard Rachel (Jacob's mom) say, "Put your clothes on!" Corey and I laughed as we rounded the corner and saw Molly and Jacob naked from the waist down. They had both decided to go swimming and didn't have swimming suits so they decided to take matters into their own hands. Both Molly and Jacob looked at us as if to say, "What's wrong? We knew we shouldn't get our clothes wet so we just took them off." Anyway, Corey, Rachel, and I joked that this was funny now, but we hoped we would not encounter this 14 year...
Comments
Post a Comment