My Tentative Plan for Sabbatical

As I mentioned yesterday, I will be going on sabbatical May-July 2015.  I am thankful for this opportunity to rest, research, and be refreshed.  Below you find my tentative plans:


As I prepare to go on Sabbatical in the summer of 2015, I have been praying about what this time of refreshment, renewal, and relaxation should include.  Here are a few possibilities:
  • Time of prayer & reflection at beginning and end at these possible locations: IHOP-Kansas City, Humphrey’s Shed, & Crosswinds Retreat Center
  • Attendance at various churches to observe what their Sunday morning looks like 
  • Visits to specific churches who are ministering effectively to children, couples and families. Already contacts have been made to churches in Missouri and Texas.
  • Vacation-extended vacation with the family.
  • One-on-one trips with the kids-I would like to allow each of the kids an opportunity to go on a 24-48 hour trip with me of their own choosing.
  • Guatemala Mission Trip
  • Resting & Reading
What would you add or subtract from this plan?  I am open to new ideas as I finalize my sabbatical plans.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48