Sabbatical

Hesston MB, the church where I am a pastor, allows its pastoral staff a sabbatical after 5 years of ministry.  I am thankful to the church leadership for this opportunity to relax and be refreshed. I am excited about this time of sabbatical from May-July 2015. 

Sabbatical is defined as                              
a period of time during which someone does not work at his or her regular job and is able to rest, travel, do research, etc. (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
a leave of absence, often with pay, usually granted every seventh year, as to a college professor, for travel, research, or rest. (American Heritage Dictionary) 
Tomorrow I plan to share what my tentative plans are for my sabbatical.  But today I wanted to share the definitions of sabbatical and let others know some of the basics.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48