Promises of God from Jonah

Here are selected promises of God from the book of Jonah compiled by Kenneth Boa:

“In my distress I called to the Lord, and he answered me.  From the depths of the grave I called for help, and you listened to my cry” (2:2).


“When my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, Lord, and my prayer rose to you, to your holy temple.  Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs.  But I, with a song of thanksgiving, will sacrifice to you.  What I have vowed I will make good.  Salvation comes from the Lord” (2:7-9).


“I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity” (4:2).





 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48