Morning Devotions

What do you do during morning devotions?  I have shared previously that I read It is Finished by Tullian Tchividjian and New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp.  However, I have also been looking for ways other than reading through the Bible in a year to spend time with Jesus.

Let me remind you that devotions are not something to check off a list or to prove you are a good Christian.  It is all about relationship with Jesus.  God does not love you more if you do them or less if you don't. 

Most recently, I have been reading through the Psalms and listing the characteristics of God.  As I list them, I then incorporate them into my prayer time. I have loved this time with God.  After I finished the Psalms, I wanted to continue this.  So, I recently started reading through the gospel of Mark and listing characteristics of Jesus.  I list these and then pray about them as well. 

Why do I share this?  To offer you another option to spend time with Jesus other than the common read through the Bible in a year. I have read through the Bible in a year several times but I am continuing to look for other options for people as they seek to grow in relationship to Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quotes from Prodigal Church

Interview with R.J. Grunewald about Reading Romans with Luther