Names of God: Immanuel

We often forget.  We see throughout history the Israelites and the church forgetting. We need to be reminded often of who God is in Scripture, church history and in our lives and churches.

The names of God are important because these names are not just what God does, it is who He is.  I hope this will encourage you as you are reminded of how good, great, and awesome our God is.

Immanuel

Immanuel means God with us.

23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
    and they shall call his name Immanuel”
(which means, God with us). (Matthew 1:23)
 
What it reminds me?  God is with me always.  This used to cause fear because I believed God knew all of sins and was wanting to punish me.  Now, it a great assurance because I know God is for me and cares about me because of what Jesus accomplished on the cross.  He is with me empowering me to love Him and others.  You are never alone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48