Word for 2018-Abide

My word for 2018 is abide.  I have this great picture over my fireplace made by a good friend that reminds me to abide each day.  My understanding of abide is to "be with Jesus."

What does it mean to abide?  Here are some definitions to help us better understand the word. 
  • The Greek word "meno" which is a verb means "to stay". It can also be translated as abide, continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand, tarry for. We will also see these in the Old Testament as well.
Each week I will share a verse (or two) to help us better understand abiding.
Then the prophet Gad said to David, “Do not remain in the stronghold; depart, and go into the land of Judah.” So David departed and went into the forest of Hereth. (1 Samuel 22:5)
 23 Stay with me; do not be afraid, for he who seeks my life seeks your life. With me you shall be in safekeeping.” (1 Samuel 22:23)
21 Then David came to the two hundred men who had been too exhausted to follow David, and who had been left at the brook Besor. And they went out to meet David and to meet the people who were with him. And when David came near to the people he greeted them. (1 Samuel 30:21) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48