Word for 2018-abide

My word for 2018 is abide.  I have this great picture over my fireplace made by a good friend that reminds me to abide each day.  My understanding of abide is to "be with Jesus."

What does it mean to abide?  Here are some definitions to help us better understand the word. 
  • The Greek word "meno" which is a verb means "to stay". It can also be translated as abide, continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand, tarry for. 

Each week I will share a verse (or two) to help us better understand abiding.
15 And after she was baptized, and her household as well, she urged us, saying, “If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay.” And she prevailed upon us. (Acts 16:15)
23 except that the Holy Spirit testifies to me in every city that imprisonment and afflictions await me. (Acts 20:23)
31 Paul said to the centurion and the soldiers, “Unless these men stay in the ship, you cannot be saved.”  (Acts 27:31)

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48