God knows best

As Bethany and I were reminiscing last night about Molly's birth, some important truths were reinforced. I remember it clearly-my birthday-2 years ago (Dec. 6th) going out to eat and Bethany taking a pregnancy test. The results were clear: we were pregnant again. I remember being anxious and stressed. Why? First, because I was worried about financially taking care of another child. Second, because according to my plans-I was happy and content with three kids. Third, I would have to listen to people say, "Don't you know what is causing that?"

Fast forward to July 20, 2007-I was so excited to meet my new daughter. I remember being in the operating room as Bethany had the c-section. When Molly was born, she did not make any noise at all. I was not too concerned until the nurses starting acting a little concerned. Her apgar scores were very low in the first few minutes of life. I remember offering a quick prayer and after some suction of her lungs-she quickly started to improve. She was so beautiful and I felt so selfish thinking about my initial reaction to the news.

Now to the truths. God's timing is always best. It was not in my timing for another child, but God had something else planned. God will provide! When I was concerned about money, the focus was on my power to earn not on what God can do. He has faithfully provided for us over the last few years in so many ways. Children are a blessing from the Lord. All of my kids have brought wonderful blessings into my life. I have enjoyed watching them grow and see their personalities develop. Molly has been a child who has brought joy to so many people. She receives comments from complete strangers because of her smile. She loves people and enjoys being around them. I love listening to her talk and tell stories. She was so happy yesterday pulling her mega block wagon around the neighborhood. We need to remember God knows what is best and remember the truths revealed about Him in the Bible.

Happy 2nd Birthday (yesterday) Molly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48