Make A Difference

As I drove to work today, I was thinking about life. Great Aunt Onie (Bethany's Great Aunt) is in hospice in Wichita. She has had a hard fight in her health over the years. Her most recent health problems revealed cancer in several places. With that discovery, she is ready to go and be with Jesus. I am going to be reading her biography this week and blogging about her. She is an amazing woman. Two things I remember when Bethany first told me about Aunt Onie-a faithful prayer warrior and her ministry to African-Americans. Onie truly made a difference for Christ's kingdom and I look forward to sharing more about her life in a later post.

Another friend of ours was diagnosed with cancer in the past year. She fought the cancer with great faith and hope. She truly was an inspiration to many as she went through the treatment. She is now cancer free and one of things I remember her sharing recently was how important it is to live each day well. Her courage and testimony also is an example how even during trials and illness, we have a great privilege and opportunity to make a difference.

I could go on and on. We have had the privilege over the last few weeks to hear from three different missionaries sharing about how they are making a difference in their respective countries. All of them rely on God on a daily basis and hearing them speak challenges me to be available and ready to be used by God.

So, my question today is how are you going to make a difference for Jesus today?

I pray that everything I say and do today would bring glory to Jesus and further His kingdom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48