Lifelong Learner

As my oldest kids get ready to return to school tomorrow, I am wondering about all they will learn this year at school. I also ponder how they will learn in Sunday School, Hide N Seek, and yes, at home. It is so amazing how kids are like sponges when it comes to learning.

So, what about me? As my kids are being shaped in school, church, and home, what is my plan for learning this year? I remember in seminary hearing that even after graduation, we must seek to be lifelong learners. I don't know who coined the term, but it has stuck with me. We will never achieve all there is to know.

Therefore, I need to have a plan or I will do nothing. I have one conference I plan to attend in September called the D6 Conference that will be a part of this process. I am continuing to read several books on marriage and parenting. I plan to be a part of a Sunday School class, lead a small group, and spend lots of time in prayer and Bible reading. I hope to get at least two day retreats to Stutzman Cabin before the end of the year. I look forward to conversations in staff meeting to spur me on as well. My plan is not completely developed, but I have some direction.

What about you? What are you planning to learn in the next few months? How will you grow in your relationship with Christ? Here are some ideas to get you thinking:
  • Plan to read through the Bible in a year or two
  • Join a small group, Bible study and Sunday School class
  • Find an accountability partner
  • Find someone who is a mature believer and take them to coffee or lunch and learn from them
  • Read a book that will be a challenge. Consider one that was written over 100 years ago.
  • Take a college or seminary class or another seminar or class offered by your community

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48