Pre-con labs at D6

I have had a great day of learning at the D6 Conference today. It is so amazing to hear so many speakers sharing their hearts that align with mine. Similarly the pre-con labs have been centered on Scripture with lots of practical application. I can't wait for the next 2 days.

I attended the following labs today:
Shift:Walk the Ancient Path of Spiritual Formation by Brian Haynes
How to Become a Resource to Parents & Families by Michael Chanley
Shift: 7 Milestones Linking Church & Family to Equip the Generations by Brian Haynes
Becoming a Faith @ Home Focused Church by Mark Holmen
Family Ministry & Global Evangelism by Rob Rienow

I am still processing these labs, but I know God has a plan for passing on our faith to the next generation & the family is the key. We as a church need to equip parents & stop saying drop off your kids at church so we can train them. Parents have the most significant impact & God's Word is clear as to how to do this. See Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Psalm 78:1-8, Proverbs 22:7, Mark 12:29-31, Matthew 28:18-20, & Ephesians 6:4. I look forward to being a partner to parents & implementing ideas when I get home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48