Transparent Relationships

This Sunday, Pastor Steve will be preaching on the topic of transparent relationships. This topic is part of our CHRIST acrostic which is an explanation of our purpose as a church. We spent a good amount of time in staff meeting discussing what this is and what it looks like. It was a great discussion!

To avoid using something that Pastor Steve might say on Sunday, I will only be sharing my personal thoughts and beliefs about this topic. I am excited that my wife and Eric Clark will be singing, "Stain Glass Masquerade" as special music this week. In my opinion, Mark Hall of Casting Crowns hits the nail on the head with his lyrics. Here are a few lines from the song:

"Am I the only one in church today feeling so small?"

"I know they'll soon discover that I don't belong."

"So with a painted grin, I play the part again . . ."

"Are we happy plastic people . . . with walls around our weakness and smiles to hide our pain?"

"Am I the only one who's traded in the altar for a stage?"

"But would it set me free if I dared to let you see the truth behind the person you imagine me to be? Would your arms be open? Or would you walk away? Would the love of Jesus be enough to make you stay?"

I don't know that I can shed much more light on this subject than what these lyrics do. I know it is my responsibility to be J.L. everywhere I go. I should not have a church persona and a home persona. This does damage not only to the church, but to my family as well. Let's shatter the Stain Glass Masquerade and be real in life and church this week!

For those in Hesston, come and here Pastor Steve's message from God's Word this Sunday.

Comments

  1. Have you ever heard of Steve Taylor's I Want to be a Clone? Kind of talks about some of the things about being a transparent Christian and not trying to fit into a box defined by ourselves and/or others. A little bit different style of music than Casting Crowns, but creative.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48