Highs from last few days

I have had several great things occur over the last few days that I wanted to update all of you. First of all, I enjoyed our time at Harvey County East Lake on Saturday, July 17th. It was hot! But enjoyed playing with the kids and others from our church family. Smores were a great way to end our day even if the chocolate was a melty mess. Then on Sunday, we had our worship service at Harvey County East at Coronado Cove Shelter. It was hot again! But we had a great time of worship and baptism. I had the privilege of baptizing Travis Hershberger and my son, Mitchell. What a joy as a pastor and father! Hopefully, I can post some pictures soon on here or facebook.

After the worship service, we headed to Iola, KS where I served as Associate Pastor at First Christian Church. They were dedicating their new church on Oregon Road. It was great to see everyone again. The church looked good. It was the first time for me to see it except on paper. I was very involved in some of the details, but left before breaking ground. After some great conversation and catching up with people, we headed to Kansas City.

We were meeting my parents and sister, brother-in-law, nieces and nephew for a family vacation. When we arrived, we immediately hit the pool as we were all hot. I was quickly ready to go to sleep, but enjoyed throwing the kids. Several flips, back busters, and belly flops. Megan was really good at diving! Molly enjoyed being thrown "high in the sky" and jumping in too.

On Monday, we headed to World's of Fun. It was looking to be a hot day. The day started overcast and we were glad for it. But it quickly changed. I was excited to ride the new roller coaster, Prowler. It was a good ride-fast and quick turns and drops. Rode all of the coasters except for spinning dragons. Went on a couple of water rides and wanted to get soaked, but really didn't get that wet at all. We drank a lot of water. It was so hot that I didn't really get that hungry. All I ate was some fries and onion rings. After getting thru the park, we headed to find someplace to eat. We landed at Applebee's where we drank a lot more water and cokes and had a good meal. I ended the evening by swimming with the kids and then Bethany and I took the oldest 5 to Cold Stone at the Plaza.

On Tuesday, we went to Schlitterbahn Water Park. Our kids had a great time! I enjoyed the water coaster and other tube slides. It was a hot day too, but did not notice it as much since we were in water. It was also Molly's birthday! It was fun to watch her go down slides in the kiddie area. The park is planning to expand and I look forward to going again when finished. Another favorite of the kids was the torrent river which is a circular wave pool so instead of wave pool where the waves start and stop every 15 minutes, it just continues to send waves which go around the circle and allows for a wavy, fun time. We ate supper at Five Guys while we waited for rain downpour to end. Then we (my dad, bro-in-law, sister, & 3 oldest grandkids) headed to the Royals game. They were playing Toronto. At about the 2nd inning or so, it began to rain and thunder and lightning. They did not call the game. It was fun to be at the stadium even if the game was not good. Final score 13-1 with Toronto winning big.

Wednesday-we headed back to Hesston. It was a great couple of days with family. Our kids did great and got along well. We are hoping to recover quickly because we leave for our other longer vacation on Aug. 1st when we head to Branson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48