Birthday Cake for Traci

When I arrived home today, I was greeted by Molly and Jacob and their "dirt" cakes in the driveway.  Molly explained to me that hers was for Aunt Traci.  That was interesting since Molly does not have an Aunt Traci.  Then she explained to me that she went to eat at Pizza Hut for Aunt Traci's birthday and I was getting more confused.  Finally, I got the scoop from Bethany.  Molly went to eat with Traci Thiessen today for a birthday lunch and since everyone around her was calling her Aunt Traci, Molly decided to join in too.

That girl is always making me laugh.  But it just reminds me of the simplicity of a child's world.  It was not weird for her to call her Aunt Traci because that was what she heard.  It not unusual to have a great imagination that can make birthday cakes out of dirt or pies out of sand.  It just reminded me of the joy of being a child.  What do you miss from when you were a child?

By the way, Family Night at Hesston MB tomorrow night at 6:30 p.m.  Free food, fun, & learning together.  Our theme is "Huddle Up".  Hope to see you there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48