Good fun, good books, & good conversation

Today, I enjoyed some great food at Faith & Life Bookstore for Pastor Appreciation Month.  Way to go, Bethany!  It was fun to talk with some Newton pastors that we bumped into while eating.  And of course, a coupon is always a great addition.

After eating, Brad and I stayed at the bookstore to discuss a book we are reading as a staff.  It is The Legacy Path by Brian Haynes.  I have written a review of the book and highly recommend it to pastors and parents.  We are only in Chapter 2 and we cannot ever finish a chapter as it is so full of great thoughts and ideas.  Today, our discussion was on abiding.  We had a great conversation about what this means and what it looks like and how to share it with others. Haynes asks this question, "How do you currently abide in Christ?"  How would you respond?  I look forward to our discussion of that question when our Discipleship Ministries Committee meets next Tuesday.

Yesterday, I was at the Perk and I started a new book called, The Good and Beautiful God by James Bryan Smith.  There are 3 books in this series by Smith who is a professor at Friends University in Wichita, KS. I will be using this book as a foundation for our study on the CHRIST acrostic related to intimate worship.  I was able to get a couple of chapters into the book.  I am excited about the discussion that will occur in Sunday School and in my personal life as I continue this book.   I want to leave you with a question that Smith asks.  He writes, "Is this understanding of God consistent with the God Jesus revealed?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48