Vacation in Nebraska?

Yes, I spent my vacation this week in Nebraska.  I was pleased that it was not as cold as it has been the past few years.  Why did I spend 4 days in Nebraska?  My wife is manager of Faith & Life Bookstore in Newton, KS and we did books tables in Beatrice & Henderson.  My job was to load & unload books & gifts and to be the cashier.  It was fun!

This was work for Bethany, but for me it was a great vacation in many ways.  No, I was not on the beach or someplace warm, but I was with Bethany 24 hours a day.  It was a blessing! We talked about a lot of things and just spent time together.  We enjoyed romantic meals at Runza, Applebee's, Chipotle, & Wendy's. Hey, don't judge! We experienced an interesting hotel that was struggling to reach 1 star status.  We spent evenings watching TV & laughing together. I also was able to get some reading done for MB study conference in January.

It was also a joy to see my wife in action as a manager.  She is great at what she does.  She knows her books, her gifts, and treats each customer extremely well.  She goes out of her way to take care of requests from people.  She also can make a few tables, baskets, and boxes look great on display.  It was a great four days.  I can't wait for next year.  If you are in the area, stop by Faith & Life in Newton (606 N. Main) and see her.  I know she will help you find what you are looking for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48