Word for 2016: gospel

Over the last several years, I have chosen a word from the Bible to try and better understand.  Usually I do this by printing all of the verses that use that word.  As I read the verses, I think and meditate on that word and how it is used to grow in relationship with God.

For 2016, I have chosen the word gospel.  I look forward to better understanding how it is used in Scripture by Jesus, Paul and others.

For now, the Greek word translated gospel in English literally means "good news."  I look forward to sharing good news with you throughout 2016.  This will replace the promises of God from Scripture as we will finish in January.

May you and I better understand the gospel in the coming year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48