Names of God: Lord

We often forget.  We see throughout history the Israelites and the church forgetting. We need to be reminded often of who God is in Scripture, church history and in our lives and churches.

This is a new feature on the blog on the names of God.  Why?  Because these names are not just what God does, it is who He is.  I hope this will encourage you as you are reminded of how good, great, and awesome our God is.


Lord
 
Lord means master or is a title of respect and reverence.
 
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:28)
 
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

What it reminds me?  God is God and I am not.  He is my master and He knows best.  Jesus came as one who served others and we have the privilege of being servants for and with Christ.  When we understand Christ as Lord, we realize He is in control even when life is spinning out of control. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48