Daddy Day & First Day of Preschool

Well, as many of you know, Mondays are Daddy Day at the Martin household. For many of the years since we have had kids, whatever day I have off, Bethany has worked a part-time job on that day. I have come to love these special days with my kiddos.

What happens on Daddy Days? It depends on the time of year. If warmer weather, it usually involves a park, pool, or walk. On colder days, it might include a trip to the library or indoor pool. My kids have decided to make Lincoln Perk a part of Daddy Days too. Daddy does not complain.

If you are dad reading this, my challenge to you is to make the most of the time you have with your kids whether they are infants, toddlers, pre-teens, or teenagers. This is a great way to make a heart connection with your kids. Don't waste these years-make the most of them. Do what your kids love. Introduce them to something you love.

If you are a mom reading this, let your husband make "Daddy Days" his own. This might include leaving the house a little more messy than when you left. It also might include kids being adventurous and coming home messier than when they left. Know that he will not do things the way you do them and that is OK. God has made males and females different and that includes how we interact with and play with our kids.

P.S. Husbands, you can also make a heart connection with your wife if the house is cleaner than when she left.

On a related note, today was Molly's first day of preschool. I have included a few pictures below. As I took her to preschool today, it reminded me that time is short and that I need to make the most out of the time I have with her (and the rest of my kids). My goal for all my children is posted above our front door: Love God, Love Others. Fathers, "bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48