Prayer Ministry

Today, I had the privilege of leading another group of people through prayer team orientation at Hesston MB Church. This is the 3rd time I have led the orientation over the last year. I think I am finally getting the orientation to focus on the most important things. I am so excited about this ministry and how God uses it. It is hard to believe that it has been a year since we started this ministry. Today, I thought I would share some barriers to prayer ministry and some resources that I recommend.

What are the barriers to having a prayer team?
  • Getting people to realize prayer team membership is not about being a superior or perfect intercessor, but instead being available for God to use you.
  • Getting the congregation to realize that people can come forward for any type of prayer requests. It does not just have to be a major prayer request. God cares about us and hears our prayers whether big or small.
  • Congregation members being willing to be vulnerable and share when they have a prayer need.
  • Satan definitely does not want prayer ministry to happen because he knows that prayer is powerful and he is afraid when God's people pray.
But I am thankful that despite these barriers, we serve an awesome God who can change and deal with these barriers.

In closing, I want to share the book recommendations I share with our prayer team members for growing in their prayer life.
  • Becoming a Prayer Warrior by Elizabeth Alves
  • Forgotten God by Francis Chan
  • Hearing God by Dallas Willard
  • Intercessory Prayer by Dutch Sheets
  • Praying God's Word by Beth Moore
  • Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick
  • Walking with God by John Eldredge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48