Promises of God from Matthew

God is always faithful to his covenant promises, and his fulfillment of the messianic prophecies far exceeds what anyone could have imagined.  The people were hoping for freedom from physical and political bondage, but Jesus offered something far greater—freedom from the bondage of sin and of death.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light” (11:28-30).
Because Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God (16:16), he is bigger than our problems and worthy of our supreme trust and obedience.
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Jesus, and he has empowered each believer to manifest and share the good news of new life in him (28:18-20).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48