Word for 2018-abide


My word for 2018 is abide.  I have this great picture over my fireplace made by a good friend that reminds me to abide each day.  My understanding of abide is to "be with Jesus."

What does it mean to abide?  Here are some definitions to help us better understand the word. 
  • The Greek word "meno" which is a verb means "to stay". It can also be translated as abide, continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand, tarry for. We will also see these in the Old Testament as well.
Each week I will share a verse (or two) to help us better understand abiding.

The fear of the Lord leads to life;
    then one rests content, untouched by trouble. (Proverbs 19:23)
15 So I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany them in their toil all the days of the life God has given them under the sun. (Ecclesiastes 8:15)
 10 But the Lord is the true God;
    he is the living God, the eternal King.
When he is angry, the earth trembles;
    the nations cannot endure his wrath. (Jeremiah 10:10)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48