Bike Ride

Today, Bethany ran into Wichita to a retirement party for a former teacher. So, I can home early from work and got started working on my bike so we could go on a family bike ride (minus Bethany and Molly). The kids are really into riding bikes right now. Every morning they get ready and head out the door to ride bikes before leaving for school and then get back on them right after school is out. They would ride them all night if we let them. So, I decided it was time for me to join them.

Steve & Shirley gave me a bike about a year ago that needed new tubes. I think the bike is in better shape than my 7 up bike. That's right-I have a 7 up bike that was given to my parents when they still owned the grocery store in town. It has Spot on it and has black spots. Anyway, I worked on the tires while Bethany was gone. My almost 2 year old was into everything. She stays out of the street, but sure is getting fast. I finally had Megan watch her for a minute and when I came back inside she had painted on the wall with lotion. She is a joy and really into climbing right now. I finally fixed the tires right before supper.

So, right after supper was cleaned up, we (Mitchell, Mackenzie, Megan, and me) headed out to "the end of Hesston" as the kids call it. It is just where the road dead ends in our housing subdivision. Megan had never went that far before. It was a lot of fun considering 2 weeks ago the girls still could not ride a bike. After we made it to the end of Hesston, Megan headed home because she was tired and the rest of us headed to Emma Creek Park. We rode over to Bentgrass and then turned around. The kids had a great time. I really enjoyed being with them and the exercise.

We ended our night with yummy brownies made by my beautiful and great cook of a wife. She was at worship team while we watched American Idol. The kids were sad because they wanted Danny and Kris in the finale. I definitely think I would buy a CD from Danny Gokey. He had a great story and I hoped he would make it to the final 2. Well, now I guess I cheer for Kris Allen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48