Worship the Lord With Gladness

A quick update on my retreat. I would recommend that everyone take the time to spend some time in silence every 4-6 months. During this time, spend time in prayer asking God for His direction for the future as well as evaluating the last few months from His perspective. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the cabin last Friday. During prayer, God revealed some things to me through Scripture. He challenged me on areas in my personal life as well as ministry. It was also a good time to pray for an extended time for needs of those around me.

Here is a humorous situation related to the retreat. We had a lot of rain the night before and many creeks were flooding on Friday morning. As I drove out to the cabin, I wondered what the lake beside the cabin would look like. When I arrived, the drive to the cabin was covered with water. I tried to go around the trees the most direct route and it was full of standing water. So, I decided to go the long way around the lake. I went through tall grass, thick mud (sounds like the Bear Hunt book), and finally thought I had made it around when I went through the trees to find more standing water. I was determined to spend the day with God so I found the littlest amount of water and went through it. When I finally go to the cabin about 15 minutes later, my shoes, socks, and pant legs were all wet. I spent most of the retreat in my bare feet. But it was worth it.

When will you set up a time to get away to pray?

In my Bible reading today, I read Psalm 100. I love this Psalm as it talks about Shouting for joy to the Lord, worshiping the Lord with gladness, entering His gates with thanksgiving. It is just a reminder to all of us that worship is not just something we do on Sundays. We need to be praising and worshiping God every moment of every day. Our God is awesome and worthy of praise. We are created by God and He deserves our praise for what He has done in the past, present and future.

Why not take the time right now to worship the Lord with gladness?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48

What is D6 Conference?