Families serving together

This morning, I had the wonderful privilege of doing a service project at Children's Park in Hesston with my entire family. It was a great way to instill the importance of serving others and giving back to our community. My kids were so excited about it and were disappointed when we had a conflict and they were not going to be able to make it. However, it worked out and we showed up to do some painting at 9 a.m. They did a great job and we were able to paint the cabin, bench, bug, skunk, and worm. They felt a great accomplishment when finished. Mitchell even brought his friends over to see what he had done. I look forward to many more opportunities like this to serve with my kids. Thanks to the Schott's and Fuqua's for helping out too!

Comments

  1. Elizabeth LohmolderMay 4, 2009 at 10:00 PM

    It all looks great! I'm sorry that our family couldn't made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth LohmolderMay 4, 2009 at 10:01 PM

    I mean "couldn't make it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48