Yates Center

I am back in my hometown today. It is time for the annual Yates Center Day's when there are tons of activities on the town square. I remember looking forward to this day every year when I was a kid. There were lots of games, food, and everyone loves a parade.

Being in your hometown brings back many memories. This is especially true this year since I will be celebrating my 15 year high school class reunion. I am looking forward to seeing many of my classmates and getting caught up on their lives. My kids' are excited about all of the kids' games and the parade. They think it is pretty cool that their dad will be in the parade. For those not familiar with YC Days, all classes who have been out of school for 5, 10, 15, 20, etc. have reunions and have a float in the parade.

Where will I be? I remember thinking about that question in high school. So now, 15 years after graduation could I have imagined that I would be where I am today? Since college, I have lived in two states and 3 different cities. I married a beautiful and wonderful woman. I have four kids (not sure I would have believed this). I can honestly say I would not change anything. I have enjoyed my years in college, seminary, and ministry and living in Littleton, Iola, and Hesston. Life is great-15 years of learning from struggles and too many blessings and joys to count.

Congratulations class of 1994!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48