Annual Physical

Well, it is almost time for my annual physical. I can't think of too many things that I dislike more. Yet, I have come to learn the importance of a routine check up on our physical health especially as we get older. I thank God for my good health over the years.

This physical challenged me to think about my spiritual health. Do we take the time each year to "test" how we are doing spiritually? It seems that this type of check up is much harder to do. What is included in this check up? Is it based on how much I am doing for God? Or is God the only one who can give us an accurate assessment?

As I ponder this question today, I am drawn to two specific questions. These questions are often asked in Scripture and I think are often asked in our lives as well. They will not be surprising questions to you. However, rather than try and determine what is included on our "annual spiritual physical", we should let Jesus guide us.

The questions are:

Do I love God?
Do I love others?

Rather than become legalistic about what is included in each of these areas, I am going to spend some time with God asking Him these questions about my spiritual health.

So, what do you think? What would you include in an annual spiritual physical?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48