You Are Crucified

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)

I usually don't expound on identity verses but this one needs explanation.  Jesus was crucified for us.  When we become followers of Christ, our flesh is crucified and we now live by faith.  Flesh and Spirit are part of the "already and not yet" of life between salvation and glorification.  Because of Jesus, sin and flesh do not have the power over us. Since we sometimes forget what Christ has DONE, we revert back to living in the flesh. When this happens, we need to be reminded of Christ's death for us because at the cross, He defeated sin, death, sickness, Satan, and the flesh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48