Prayer Meeting

I wanted to write how much I am blessed each time I gather for prayer with others. I know many people think, "Why do I need to go to a prayer meeting at church? I can just pray at home." And I agree you can pray at home, but God does amazing things in His people as we gather for prayer.

As I was reflecting on our prayer time at Hesston MB this past Sunday evening, I was just blessed. Why? Hearing others pray always is a blessing to me. I learn from others as they pray out loud. I hear people's hearts and passions as they pray for specific things. I see people with very different backgrounds and personalities united in prayer for others and for God's kingdom to be advanced.

I obviously work for a church and should say how important prayer is. However, I can sincerlely say that it is through my personal times of prayer as well as prayer with others where God has worked the most in my life. It is amazing how taking what I heard in a sermon on Sunday or a conference last week and praying about it-God will guide and direct me. It is my firm belief that we need more prayer in our families, churches, and country.

So what does this mean for you? If your church has a prayer meeting, be there. It saddens me to see prayer meetings filled with mostly empty nesters and retired individuals. Praise God that they are there because prayer is needed. But my question is: where is my generation? If your church does not have a prayer group, find someone who can become your prayer partner and pray on a regular basis. The best decision I ever made early on in ministry was when I began praying with Carol Conner in Littleton, CO.

Prayer is powerful! Prayer is life-changing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48