Super Saturday

Well, I haven't posted much about my family lately so I decided to write about my great day today. The day started early, but included a good breakfast at the Senior Center. After getting things set up for Coming Home Weekend on Main Street, I headed to my kids' soccer games. I was so proud of Mitchell as he scored his first goal for this year. He was so excited! The girls had a great time playing too.

It was also good spending time with my parents and a little time with Bethany's parents. Mitchell, my dad, and I went to the football game last night. It was a boy's night. Mitchell ditched us pretty quick and we finally found a seat in the stands by the 2nd quarter. It was good to talk with the family at Applebee's before heading to the game. It was also great to see Steve and Shirley. It was too short of a time with both sets of parents this time.

Back to Super Saturday-I enjoyed being on Main Street and watching the kids have fun on the inflatables and other games. Mitchell won 3 cans of pop (Mountain Dew). Molly's face was so funny covered in blue from her sno-cone. Mackenzie, as usual, was my great helper in getting things back to the car at the end of Coming Home Weekend activities. Megan rode the barrel train about 6 times with a huge smile each time. Thanks to the organizers for the activities as my family had a great time.

After a great nap, I mowed the yard. We then had one of my favorite meals-corn dogs and macaroni and cheese. We ate outside on the patio as it was a beautiful night. Oh, I forgot, Molly got to go to the Arboretum with Jacob. She was excited to ride in the wagon and feed the fishes. We decided after being busy for most of the day and last night that we would have a quiet night at home. We watched Hoot as a family and had brownies and ice cream. Bethany makes the best brownies.

I couldn't think of a better way to spend my Saturday. Time spent with both set of parents and time spent with my wife and kids. Watching my kids enjoy themselves playing games and seeing their smiles and hearing the excitment in their voices. I love my family! It truly was a super Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48

What is D6 Conference?