Blessing Others

Whether you are a parent or grandparent or not, all of us can see the benefit of a blessing from someone.  I bless my kids every night at bedtime.  Why?  Because I love them and I want to remind them who God is and who they are.  For my oldest kids, I use words from Ephesians 1 about their identity in Christ.  For Molly, I use the familiar blessing from Numbers 6:24-26.  There are many great passages of Scripture you can use to bless your children, grandchildren, or others you come in contact with throughout the day. 

Here are a few great resources to help you better understand blessing others:
  • A Father's Guide to Blessing His Children by David Michael.  Available from Children Desiring God resources.
  • The Family Blessing by Rolf Garborg
  • The Blessing by John Trent
  • Bedtime Blessings Set by John Trent
So, receive this blessing from me to you today:
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. (Romans 15:13)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48