Let's Talk About Sex . . . with your kids

I have officially decided that starting next school year, I will be hosting a parenting class on how to talk about purity, puberty, sex, and dating at Hesston MB.  It will be for parents of 5th/6th graders.  It was prompted as I read through Passport2Purity by Dennis & Barbara Rainey.  It is a great resource and the class will walk through good resources to use to facilitate this discussion.  I don't know any topic that creates as much anxiety and fear as having "the talk" with your kids.  Hopefully, through this class, parents will become more at ease and not feel ill equipped to have an open conversation. 

So, what questions would you like me to answer in this class?
What resources would you recommend?

Comments

  1. I think this is a very good idea!!! The way the topic is taught at the schools makes it harder to teach your kids God's understanding of sex & purity. I've had the talk with my oldest but have another going into 5th next year. I would be interested in attending the class! I think there may be some parents with older children as well who would appreciate this class. My son is a 7th grader & we still continue the talks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48